Edifice Rx recognizes the need to prioritize sustainability in everything we do. We are in a time when our climate is in crisis and the time to act is now. Let us help reduce your building’s carbon footprint by reducing HVAC energy while maintaining high performance air quality or upgrading to circadian/human centric LED lighting. Turn-key installation of native gardens and meadows to conserve water, reduce mowing, and support the local eco-system. Edifice Rx also provide Sustainability Training to drive conservation through behavior change.
- “Clean first” approach to IAQ and HVAC rather than simply dilute with the high cost of outdoor air.
- Utilize HVAC filtration, purification such as UV, upper air UV, and in space air purifiers (HEPA air filters) etc. to achieve equivalent air changes per hour (eACH).
- Provides building resiliency when outdoor air quality is poor such as during wild fires or other outdoor air pollution events.
- Smart buildings through indoor air quality monitors for demand controlled ventilation.
- Validate indoor air quality
- End over-ventilation, post-covid to conserve energy and ventilate smart based on air quality parameters.
- Reduce HVAC energy to the lowest amount while maintaining IAQ or high performance IAQ
- Ventilate based on building use and occupancy, not empty chairs
- How to Achieve Sustainable IAQ Whitepaper: https://enverid.com/resources/learning/how-to-achieve-sustainable-indoor-air-quality-a-roadmap-to-simultaneously-improving-indoor-air-quality-meeting-building-decarbonization-and-climate-resiliency-goals/
- News Article: https://facilityexecutive.com/2022/04/achieving-sustainable-iaq-in-facilities/
Sustainability Teams Training
The Sustainable Teams program is led by our passionate leader & President, Kathy Wilde, and environmentalist instructor: Meg Fagan. The modular program is provided through a series of books and lectures including sustainable practices such as designing for the future, sustainable living, connecting with the earth, encouraging behavior change, composting, energy, recycling, and resource conservation.
Native Gardens & Meadows
- Biophillia (integration of nature) into the office and outdoor spaces improves productivity, happiness, and workplace satisfaction.
- Native Gardens
- Selection and planting of native species.
- Do not require as much water nor fertilizer as non-native gardens, as the plants are well suited to thrive in the local environment.
- Native plants support the local eco-system, to include bio-diversity, foraging animals, and insects, alike.
- Native Flower or Grass Meadows
- Selection and planting of native species to replace high maintenance “grass.”
- Reduce mowing and the high carbon emissions from weekly to only a few times a year!
- Do not require irrigation nor fertilizer or weed control as the native grasses and plants are well suited to thrive in the local environment.
- Not only are native meadows beautiful but also support biophilia integration goals.
- Attract wildlife, butterflies, birds, etc.
- Walking trails can be cut or built through them increasing employee health and well-being. There is a sense of exploration when there are birds and insects to see. The grass and flowers blow in the wind.